KUALA LUMPUR, May 30 (Bernama) -- Some 100 traders and hawkers from around
the city have submitted claims on losses they suffered because of the Bersih
rally held here on April 28 to a panel of lawyers acting ''pro bono" for them.
Kuala Lumpur Traders Action council chairman
Datuk Jamal Md Yunus, who revealed this at a press conference here today, said
he expected up to 70 per cent of the traders and hawkers who were affected to
submit their claims before the June 30 deadline given to them.
"As for the rest, we will make our own loss estimates," he said, adding that
the panel would evaluate their claims before fowarding them to the relevant
parties for further action.
Last week, members of Sukaguam, an organisation of lawyers volunteering
their services to the affected traders and hawkers, had asked them to submit
their claims pertaining to their losses because of the rally.
Traders and hawkers who wish to make claims can do so at the secretariat set
up for the purpose at Restoran Ikan Bakar Sekinchan Gombak branch here from
Monday to Friday between 2 pm and 4.30 pm.
NAK2 KHY HA