Royston Drenthe’s loan spell at Everton will not continue after he was reportedly told to stay away from the club by manager David Moyes, according to The Guardian.
The Dutch winger was omitted from the Toffees’ FA Cup semi-final squad against Liverpool amidst claims that he had turned up late for training last week and was immediately sent home and told to stay away from the club.
The pacy 25-year-old has scored four goals over the course of the season, but the incident was not his first offence, with Moyes having claimed a recent absence from the squad was due to "compassionate leave".
The player had previously expressed a desire to remain on Merseyside after his contract with parent club Real Madrid expires in the summer, but he will not now be kept on at Goodison Park.
Attention moved on to Moyes’ own future at the club following the 2-1 defeat to Liverpool at Wembley following Andy Carroll’s late header, with the manager due to leave talks on a new contract at the club until the end of the season.
Club captain Phil Neville believes the Scot will stay at the club, and told The Guardian: "The way he has managed us in the last month or two suggests to me that he is in it for the long term.
"He has been fantastic and rotated the team, something this club hasn't been able to do before. The lads have really embraced that.
"He is ambitious and he wants to get to the top. He wants to do that with Everton. We've just got to make sure we stop slipping up at this stage."
Tim Cahill went on to lament the semi-final defeat that sees the club go yet another season without a trophy, and pointed out: "It didn't seem as though they caused us many problems.
"We pretty much handed the game over. They scored the two goals and they have to do that to beat us. But they are going to find it difficult to win the final.
"They seem to have the luck on their side when they play Everton. They get the rub of the green and a few decisions didn't go our way.
"But I have a lot of respect for Kenny and his boys and if they win the cup, then fair play to them."
PHU QUOC ISLAND, March 11 — Vietnamese authorities today said they are bracing for the worst in the search for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 that is now missing for over three days.... …