Seputeh MP Teresa Kok believes the police crackdown during the Bersih 3.0 rally was pre-planned, claiming she received an ominous warning from a Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) enforcement officer just five minutes earlier.
She testified at the Human Rights Commission (Suhakam) public inquiry this morning that she was given the warning when complaining to the officers that the roadblock they were guarding was preventing her from leaving.
" Kalau nak balik, cepatlah. Mereka nak bertindak ," Kok ( right ) said she was told. (If you want to go home, do it quickly. They are about to take action.)
About five minutes later as she made her way towards the Bandaraya LRT station, she said, she saw people running at a distance and clouds of tear gas behind them.
"I presume that there had been a discussion. I presume they knew what would happen next.
"It gives me the impression that the attack on the crowd had been planned," Kok told the Suhakam inquiry on human rights violations during and after the April 28 rally.
[More to follow]