PETALING JAYA: Jalur Tiga (Jati) president Datuk Dr Hasan Ali filed a suit against PAS vice-president Mahfuz Omar and Shah Alam MP Khalid Samad over claims the non-governmental organisation's roadshows were funded by the Youth and Sports Ministry and Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Syabas).
The Gombak Setia assemblyman, who was sacked from PAS in January, denied the ministry had awarded Jati a contract for long-term training packages worth RM30 million to fund the roadshows.
Jati had held 89 roadshow so far.
"I was slandered by both PAS MPs and the claim tarnished my reputation and credibility as a politician and an NGO leader in public life."
Hasan said his counsel, Hasnal Rezua Merican, had told him he had a strong case.
"We filed a suit on April 12 against Khalid and Mahfuz at the Shah Alam Court and Jalan Duta Court, respectively.
"Khalid officially received the letter on April 30 while Mahfuz's letter will be handed to him soon."
He said the case management would be held on May 14.
In March, Mahfuz alleged the ministry was among Hasan's main sponsors for the roadshows while Khalid claimed Hasan received cash from Syabas.
On another issue, Hasan agreed with a fatwa that it was haram for Muslims to take part in rallies that led to violence or chaos as announced by National Fatwa Council committee chairman Prof Tan Sri Dr Abdul Shukur Husin last Sunday.
He disputed PAS spiritual leader Datuk Nik Aziz Nik Mat's claim the decree was biased and said it should be gazetted soon for enforcement.
"The council took a deep look, made studies and elaborated on what happened at the Bersih 3.0 rally in Dataran Merdeka. That was why the fatwa was announced."