ALOR SETAR, May 11 (Bernama) -- The Action Committee to Save Madrasah
Salihiah here has lodged three police reports concerning the statement by Kedah
Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azizan Abdul Razak who planned to proceed with the
demolition of the madrasah.
Committee chairman Mansor Ahmad said Azizan''s statement was like a threat as
it had ignored court action.
"I''m most disappointed with the action taken by Azizan because his statement
is a provocation. Although he is the Menteri Besar, he is still bound by the law
and is not above the law," he told reporters after lodging a police report at
the Kota Setar District Police Headquarters, here today.
He said that when a report had been filed at the court and a copy had been
presented to the defendant, an injunction had been issued until the case had
been decided by the court.
"Thus no action can be taken whether to demolish the building or to ask the
plaintiff to vacate the wakaf land that had been occupied," he said.
ASMA SMS AO