BUTTERWORTH, May 18 (Bernama) -- A group of Penang contractors expressed
dissatisfaction today over the decision by the Construction Industry Development
Board (CIDB) to allow a contractor company that had its licence suspended to
proceed with its ventures.
The group''s representative, Mohd Najib Ghaney claimed the company''s licence
had been suspended since May 7 yet at the same time a special approval had been
issued to it to carry out projects in Batu Kawan worth RM36 million and RM20
"Prior to this, the company''s licence had been suspended for a year for
misleading CIDB that they had acquired the G7 grade in January 2011 when they
had only sent the document for upgrading last Nov 29," he told reporters, here
Earlier, he and about 50 other contractors had gathered in front of the
Employees Provident Fund building, here where the state CIDB office is also
located, urging CIDB to investigate the matter.
Mohd Najib said they had also lodged a complaint with the CIDB, Malaysian
Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and the police.
CONTRACTOR-CIDB 2 (LAST) BUTTERWORTH
Meanwhile, Penang CIDB director Razlim Salleh when contacted said he had met
with the complainants.
"I have heard them out, we shall see what appropriate action to take," he
said without eleborating.
EIY LIB ELM AO