By Lisa J. Ariffin
KUALA LUMPUR, June 25 — PKR is questioning a Business Times report that a George Kent Bhd joint-venture could win a RM960 million contract for the Ampang Light Rail Transit (LRT) extension project, saying the consortium was knocked out in the bidding process.
PKR director of strategy Mohd Rafizi Ramli (picture) said today he “can expose that George Kent is not the consortium who was chosen in Prasarana's open tender process” despite the speculation in the business daily's June 22 edition.
“There was a full fledged bid evaluation. It was a very big project and the winner from the exercise bid is not George Kent,” Rafizi told a press conference today here.
“This can be confirmed in a letter from Prasarana managing director Datuk Shahril Mokhtar dated December 12, 2011 informing the Finance Ministry that PDA consortium had been picked as the best contractor for the project,” he added.
MORE TO COME