PETALING JAYA: The NTV7 news anchor and television personality Ras Adiba Radzi was back on air on Monday, more than two weeks after her hair, cropped for charity, drew controversy. Ras Adiba made her appearance on NTV7's primetime news programme 'Edisi 7' at 8pm for half an hour and read the news wearing a scarf and turban.
The 44--year--old wheel--chair bound news reader said she was thankful and happy to be back anchoring the Edisi 7 and 7 Edition with her colleagues. "I am glad Media Prima Berhad and NTV7 are in support of my new look," she said, adding she was never suspended by the television station but had been advised to wait until her bald look was being reviewed.
Media Prima Berhad on June 26, issued a statement denying that Ras Adiba has been suspended for shaving her head bald.
The news on her suspension drew criticisms from social networking sites, with many expressing moral support for her effort to help National Cancer Council (Makna).
Ras Adiba told The Malay Mail yesterday she would keep her latest look even after her hair has grown.
"I have been planning to wear the scarf for some time now. Even the night before (June 21) when I cut it off. I have been contemplating it," she said.
"I even went on YouTube to see how people tied their turban so it will look pretty," she said.
"It just felt right," she said. Ras Adiba said the NTV management was quite surprised when she told them her intention to crop her hair on June 21 but applauded it.
"My friends and family supported me all the way, even from my father, whom I thought would be against it," she said.