KUALA LUMPUR, July 9 (Bernama) -- The Pilgrims Fund Board (Tabung Haji)
today reminded potential haj pilgrims not to fall victim to any quarters or
agents who charged certain fees to get them included in the haj quota.
Its managing director and chief executive officer, Datuk Ismee Ismail, said
Tabung Haji had never appointed any agents, except for its registered and
advertised travel and pilgrims management agencies, to manage haj pilgrims.
"If in doubt, future pilgrims can check the list of these agencies with
Tabung Haji," he told Bernama after leading 14 Tabung Haji officers to visit
Wisma Bernama here today.
The Tabung Haji delegation spent two hours in the national news agency''s
Editorial Department, Bernama TV and Bernama Radio24.
On the report about a syndicate involved in cutting the queue of Mecca-bound
pilgrims in the Tabung Haji Haj Management Information System, Ismee said Tabung
Haji had taken appropriate measures to increase the protection on the system.
ISMEE-HAJ 2 (LAST) KUALA LUMPUR
"For pilgrims who had just returned from Mecca last year, our system will
not accept or register them again for the next five years. If, after five years,
they decided to reregister, they still have to wait for their turns," he said.
"Our concept is easy. First come first serve and those who have performed
the haj will have a very slim chance to go again unless they are going as
''mahram'' (chaperone) or in line of duty," he said.
Ismee also said that the haj quota for this year is 27,800 pilgrims.
HAZ HS NHA