With the recent renewal of their role as Olympic Partner till 2020, this will bring Coca-Cola's ties with the games to an amazing 92 years without interruption.
And, as one would expect, during that time, the world's favourite soft drink has achieved many successes. Here are our top five:
- Swimming gold medalist (and later actor) Johnny Weissmuller was the first Olympian in 1934 to endorse Coca-Cola.
- Bottle production was mobilized across the United Kingdom so that athletes and spectators could get their hands on a Coke at the first Olympic Games following WWII.
- The company introduced the world's first figure-skating robot ahead of the 1980 Olympic Winter Games as part of a fund-raising tour.
- A prototype 100% biodegradable cold drink cup was used at the 2002 Games as part of ongoing environmental efforts.
- The Coca-Cola pin trading phenomenon has become the No. 1 spectator sport of the Olympic Games, and a fixture at every Game since 1988.
In conjunction with the 2012 London Olympics, Coca-Cola are releasing the limited edition Olympic plates.
Purchase four 1.5-litres or 2-litre bottles of participating Coca-Cola company drinks and get your collectible free, or, if you're a Yahoo! Malaysia fan, we've got three to giveaway to lucky winners. So, check your inboxes by 31 July 2012.